Tuesday, August 31, 2010

TOT TUESDAY


You can go HERE to see what we were up to last week!


I am working on finishing up a few things to begin a new "schedule" that will incorporate time in our new playroom. Just waiting to completely "move in." I have been a "Babywise Mom" from the start (for the most part), and since I am by nature a "planner" and love my routines, I have found that having a set schedule or routine each day helps so much even if we don't follow it exactly. Here is a tentative look at what our new "schedule" will look like once we start using the playroom. The times are approximate, as I am not as concerned about exactly what time things happen, but more the routine of our day. (Oh, and anything before 8:00 is what I WANT to happen. Lately, though, I haven't been getting out of bed until I hear her around 8:00. I know. I could get a LOT done if I just got up earlier, but....it's just SO hard. I am NOT a morning person. ) And another thing.....this is just a rough guideline for days we are home. Tuesdays we go to Grandma's and Thursday mornings we go to Mom2Mom group. Plus, we have playdates every once in awhile or run errands. But Morgan likes her routine when we ARE home. And I find our days go so much smoother!


6:00 – Mommy Wake up
6:15 – Work Out
6:45 – Devotions
7:00 – Mommy Get Ready
7:30 – Jobs for the Day
8:00 – MJ wake up / Get Dressed
8:15 – Breakfast
8:30 – Bible Time / Clean up / Brush Teeth
9:00 – Independent Playtime in Room (Mommy’s Computer Time)
9:45 – Circle Time / Read Theme Books – Mommy picks
10:00 –Tot Trays
10:30 – Free Play (Mommy does other Jobs for the Day)
11:00 – Structured Play with Mommy
11:30 – Structured Play Alone / Table Time (kitchen)
12:00 – Lunch
12:30 – Storytime – MJ picks from ones Mommy sets out
12:45 – Nap (Mommy’s computer time)
3:30 – Snack / Read Aloud
3:45 – Tot School (Playroom)
4:15 – Independent Play in Playroom
5:00 – Video Time (Mommy makes dinner)
5:30 – Dinner
6:00 – Family Time, Play Outside, Free Play
7:15 – Get Ready for Bed (bath, jammies, teeth, 2 stories, songs, prayers)
7:45 – MJ Bed
8:00 – Mommy and Daddy time / Mommy’s Reading Time

Independent Play is just that...she plays by herself with a choice of toys that I rotate every so often. Structured Play is when I pick the activity for her to do. And Freetime is when she can do whatever she wants with whatever toys she wants. She usually picks her kitchen or baby dolls to play with during that time.

Anyway, having routines works for us, and I am excited to start this new schedule....which is really isn't all that different from what we already do, except that we can use our playroom and I am going to start a "Circle Time" in the mornings. I'll post more on that later.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Good luck on the early mornings! I wanted to start getting up early this year and it is SO hard. If you find something that helps let me know!!