
Well, I think I can say we are done with the hard part of potty training. She has done amazing, and I am so proud of her. She has only had two accidents since last Monday. One was right after I let her finally out of my sight for a bit (I guess she didn't know to come find me), and the other time was when we were driving in the car and couldn't get to a bathroom. But at least she had a pull up on that time. She tends to wait until right when she has to go to tell us. That will just take time and practice for her to know to tell me sooner. Anyway, we still visit the potty about every 45 minutes if she doesn't tell me, and I still tend to follow her around because I'm paranoid. But for the most part, we've had really good success in what I consider to be a short amount of time. I invisioned weeks of this! She even told the nursery workers at church that she had to go! We're still working on the poo part, though. If I can catch her cues, she'll go on the potty, but if not, she hasn't yet come tell me she has to go, so she has gone poo 2 times in her undies. But 2 out of 7 days isn't that bad, right? I'm not stressed about that yet as I know that takes longer and takes some kids a long time to "get." I am just proud of her for going without a problem when I DO catch her in time. It hit me this week through all this that my "baby" is definitely a little girl now. Where has the time gone?
No comments:
Post a Comment