Thursday, August 5, 2010

THRIFTY THURSDAY

**Quick reminder: Don't forget about the tax free holiday for school supplies starting this Friday (Aug. 6). Go HERE for more info and a list of qualifying items. (Remember, clothes are included under $100.)

Okay, so I told you a couple weeks ago that I'd give you some info on a few free survey sites that I am a part of that also reward with Amazon gift cards. There are MANY survey sites out there, and some not so credible. These are ones that I researched and got reviews on. I have personally been using them for almost a year, and they DO pay out well. You won't get rich off these, but every little bit that goes into my amazon gift card account helps! I will start with 3 so as not to overwhelm anyone.

I try to check each site once a day (they also email you when you have available surveys). Most surveys will take between 10 and 20 minutes to complete if you qualify for them. You usually have to answer between 3 and 10 questions before you know if you have qualified to take the whole survey, so this is a bit more time consuming than Swagbucks, but I find it is well worth it. You can spend as much or as little time each week as fits in your schedule. And my recommendation would be to pick maybe 2 sites to focus on first, then add more if you want. I spend about 30 minutes (at the MOST) each day on surveys. Another benefit to these sites is that a lot of times, you can qualify to test products that they send you for free, and then you go take a survey about it and earn points. I've tested Huggies and Pampers diapers, shampoos, Stouffer frozen meals (yummy!), cleaners, baby wipes, marinades, and others that I can't think of at the moment. And most of the time the survey payout for doing it is GREAT! Can't beat free products AND payment for it to boot!

Opinion Outpost
I LOVE this site even though there are a lot of surveys that I don't qualify for. The ones I do qualify for pay well, and you only need 50 points to get a $5.00 amazon gift card (or $5.00 check if you'd rather). The thing I love about this site is that they give you the Amazon gift code immediatly when you request it. You don't have to wait a few days or weeks like some other sites. I'd say I get a $5 gift card from HERE about once a month or so now. (It did seem to take awhile at first to start qualifying for the surveys, but I just kept trying, and now I qualify for plenty to be worth my time.) Go HERE if you are interested in joining Opinion Outpost.

Lightspeed
I LOVE this site, too, because they send lots of surveys, and it didn't take long for me to start qualifying for them. I seem to qualify for a lot of their surveys, and the pay outs for each survey are pretty good (between 75 and 150 points usually). You need 550 points to request a $5.00 Amazon gift card, and they usually send you the code within 24 hours or so. I tend to get one or two gift cards per month. Go HERE to register.

MyPoints
I like this site because it is easy to earn points, and even if you don't qualify for a survey, they still give you ten points for your time. You need 3850 points for a $25 Amazon gift code. (On this site, I usually redeem 1600 points at a time for a $10 Walgreens gift card, though.) For this site, you register, and then sign up to receive paid emails and surveys, and they come to your email. I usually get about 5 emails (in my junk email) a day that all I have to do is look at the email and click where it says get points for just "reading" the email (which I never actually sit there and read) and I get 5 points for each one. Also, I usually get about 1 survey email a day. If you qualify, you get 50 points, if not, you still get the 10 points. I usually cash out for my $10 Walgreens card about every 2 months or so. There are lots of easy ways on this site to earn points. If anyone is interested in knowing more about this site, let me know, and I can answer any questions you have and give you a referral email.

Well, there are a few to get you started. Let me know if anyone has any questions.

No comments: