Wednesday, August 18, 2010

PROGRESS!

We're on day 3, and I am actually VERY encouraged! We haven't had any real significant "accidents" since the first day! Yea! She has done GREAT the last 2 days. She is now used to the new sensations that go along with going in a potty versus her diaper. If she doesn't tell me she has to go, I can now detect her "cues" pretty well. She even went #2 in the potty last night! Yea! Grandma Joy came over this morning to help break up the monotany of being stuck in the kitchen, and Morgan was doing so well that Grandma convinced us to break out and go to McDonalds for lunch. So, I put a pull up on her, and off we went. While we were eating, I noticed her "cue" and asked if she needed to go. She said yes, so we went, and lo behold, she sat on that big adult potty (with me holding on of course) and just went without a problem! I couldn't believe it. She hasn't even gone yet on our big potty at home. I have been so proud of her, and I have to say that I am happy how things have gone, despite a tiring first day and frustrating first evening. I know she'll have accidents, and things will happen, but I think she really is "getting it!" We are obviously still wearing pull ups for naps and diapers for nights. I'm not rushing that. I expect that to take a while. Anyway, YEA MORGAN! Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you!

1 comment:

Heather S. said...

I'm so glad potty training is going well!!!!

Have you seen this site? http://quirkymomma.com/
More good ideas - click on an activity a day header.

Now that I am doing stuff with Daphne - I need to check back on your blog for stuff you did with Morgan 6 or 8 months ago!!