Friday, July 2, 2010

WHAT'S UP WITH LITTLE MISS MORGAN

I cannot believe that my "baby" is almost 2! While she is frustrating us a bit with her sleeping right now (still waking up between 2 and 4 times a night, not wanting to go to sleep, waking up early in the morning, etc.), we really do feel so blessed to have such a beautiful, precious little girl in our lives. I was getting very frustrated about her sleeping the other day, so I decided to sit down once again, and jot down the things I have noticed lately about her that make me smile. Here are some things I came up with:
  • She is speaking in pretty clear 3 to 5 word sentences. Some of the things she says just cracks me up or makes me smile. Some things simply amaze me, too. Lately, I have heard her say, "Be careful, Daddy!" (when he was climbing a ladder), "You hab pitty hair!" (to a friend who came over to play), "Go see Doggy gain!", "What you guys doing?", and "I need dat open."
  • She has suddenly in the past week or two just started doing some things independently that I have been trying to teach her to do for a long time....she just needed to do it in her own time, I guess: Climbing up her little slide and going down without help, putting on her shoes (though sometimes on the wrong feet), drinking from a big girl cup without my help, using her feet to make her little "bike" or "car" go on the driveway by herself.....
  • Her new favorite phrase is "Silly Morgan" or "Silly Gampa" or "Silly Daddy", etc. I have noticed, too, that she is really starting to understand when something is funny, like in a book, for instance, and she'll start just giggling. If she notices someone doing something funny, she'll laugh and say, "Silly ________."
  • She loves building towers with her blocks and is getting very good and making decent/tall towers. I heard her the other day calling me, "Mommy, wook! I made tower!"
  • She loves to sing, and I can actually tell what song she is singing now. She is even beginning to sing on tune. I love it when I turn on her CD while she is playing, and I hear her "singing" along to the songs she hears over and over again.
  • She has gotten a lot more purposeful in her "writing" and "coloring." The other day she was "scribbling" on a piece of paper at her little table when she said, "Mommy, wook! M!" When I looked, she had made "scribbles" that did kinda resemble the strokes of an M. Then, a few days later when I told her to sign her card for Grandpa, she said, "Make M." Then she proceeded to do the same thing she did previously, and make something that looked like an M. Also, she likes to tell me she is making rainbows as she draws an arc shape on her paper. And of course, she loves making circles. It is so fun to see her making these connections!

Note: I like to write these things in the blog and jot them down here because this blog is kinda like my journal for Morgan (instead of writing one by hand), and I want to be able to have a place to document her growth and development, milestones, accomplishements, etc. along with pictures and stories. So, sorry if some of this seems "boring" to some readers. :)

No comments: