Tuesday, July 13, 2010
TOT TUESDAY
Okay, there is so much I could write about for Tot Tuesday. But something that stands out in my mind right now is how I absolutely LOVE being able to actually carry on conversations with Morgan. She understands pretty much everything I say now, and I can understand about 90% of what she says. I love this age because of that. Something we have been doing randomly throughout our day, but always before bed after we read our two books, is doing "categories" and "sequencing." In other words, I'll ask her what she wants to talk about today and she'll say something like, "Parade" or "park" or "zoo" or "sky" depending on what we did or saw that day. Then, we'll take turns listing all the things that are at a parade, or park, or zoo, or in the sky, etc. She kinda started this "game" on her own after going to the 4th of July parade. She'd come up to me and say, "I go to praid." I'd say, "What did you see there?" Then, she'd list all the things she saw. I begun to realize this was a good memory excercise as well as good work with vocabulary, so we continued with the idea for other things in her day. When she'd say, "Let's go park." I'd say, "What will we see at the park?" Tonight she obviously wanted to talk about the zoo since we went to the Springfield Zoo today to meet up with one of Jared's college buddies and his family. We had so much fun taking turns listing the things we saw. (The monkeys and goats seemed to be her favorite.) I have also started to do some sequencing with her as well. During our before bed conversations, I will also ask, "What did we do today?" I'll start off naming some things in order that we do every day, and then ask her to fill in the special things we did. She loves this quick "conversation" time before bed (and other times in our day that lend to it), and so do I. I also love that she is learning some important skills without even knowing it! :) That's the teacher in me! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment