Friday, July 16, 2010

FIX IT UP FRIDAY

I am finally finished with this small project that took me a couple months to complete.

I got this cute little chair at a garage sale for 25 cents. It was blue, and one side was very wobbly. But I knew it was the perfect size for Morgan, and I figured that if I couldn't fix it up or never found time, I was only out a quarter. Well, Jared helped me put another screw in it to secure the seat tight, and then I started off by sanding off all the blue paint .... by hand. For a small little chair it sure took a long time! Then, I primed it .... but I used a spray primer I already had that was light gray. Not a good idea when you are going to paint it white. The white spray paint I had bought was NOT covering it well, and after three coats I was frustrated. But then, I was reading on a blog about Glidden paint giving out 2 small sample jars and I signed up for them both in white...with this little chair in mind. I found out that using a brush instead of spray paint was the answer. It took longer, but I actually was enjoying it as it finally transformed before my eyes. I am so excited to have it done, and Morgan loves sitting in it. She often will choose to sit here when drinking from her big girl cup throughout the day. (I have a rule that she has to be sitting in a chair to drink from her big girl cup.) My only thing is that it almost seems....TOO white. Maybe I'll distress the edges a bit? Or paint an M or flower stencil on the seat? Hmmmmm...... we'll see.

No comments: