We have been having fun this week with a relaxed version of our Tot School. I am not really doing any specific "academic" activities with Morgan.....just a lot of fun play. We both needed a break. But SOOO much learning is still taking place anyway, and Morgan is having a ball!

Jared has been doing lots of sawing in the garage lately, and so lots of Morgan's toys got all covered in sawdust and were pretty dirty. So, on Monday I took out a bucket of soapy water and a rag, and told Morgan to wash her toys. Oh my, did she ever have a blast!

She washed her car, her "bike," her slide, and even the sidewalk and Mommy's face. :)


I took an empty spice container and filled it with crushed Fruit Loop "sand." Morgan had a ball just squeezing the glue bottle as much as she wanted and then shaking out the "sand" all over her paper. She finally mastered what "squeezing" means and is finally able to do it herself. (This activity therefore became good fine motor skill practice.) Then we shook off the excess "sand" and had a colorful picture to hang up. We ended up doing three different pages because she kept saying, "More pease!"

Last week I had mixed some food coloring into water and put them into plastic containers and stuck them in the freezer. I did yellow ones, red ones, and blue ones (primary colors). Today was the first day we had time to get them out. I filled the sink with water and added yellow food coloring to it. Then, I got out the big red ice and let Morgan play with it in the water. I asked her before we started what color the water was. Then, I asked her what color the ice was. After a little bit of her playing with the ice, she noticed it was "get small" (getting smaller) and at the end when I asked her what color the water was now, she noticed it had turned orange! Cool! We talked about how red and yellow together make orange. What a fun little science activity!

This picture cracks me up. Morgan is an eating machine lately. Always wants a "nack" (snack).
The other day, I must not have latched the pantry door tight enough, because she got the door open and was able to get her beloved cheerios out (I have to keep some cereal on the floor of the pantry right now because my stockpile is overflowing). When I found her on the floor like this, she had gotten the box open (it was a brand new never opened box), but she was SOOO frustrated because she just couldn't get the bag open to actually get to her "nack."

And today I heard her going, "Birdie, come out!" When I went to look, she was peeking into the hole of the little birdhouse Grandma Joy gave her yesterday, insisting there was a little birdie inside who needed to come out. Too funny!
No comments:
Post a Comment