Thursday, July 8, 2010

SOME NEW "FEATURES"

Okay, so maybe "features" isn't the right word, but I am going to try something new with the blog. I am still going to post lots of Morgan pictures and information as often as I have something (because this blog ultimately started as a journal keepsake for her), as well as some other random things thrown in. However, I also want to start a special Feature post for each day of the week (except for Sunday). Don't ask me why. I just think it would be fun. We'll see if I can keep up with it. I was thinking about the following "features".....
  1. Mommy Moment Monday - anything related to being a Mommy
  2. Tot Tuesday - things related to tot school, or raising a tot (toddler) in general
  3. Wordless Wednesday - I'm going to try to get one picture a week that just doesn't need any explanation, you know? Something cute, something funny...
  4. Thrifty Thursday - Okay, one of my "addictions".... Scoring great deals. I'll give tips, let you know of great sales and deals I find, and just anything related to couponing, saving money, finding great deals,etc.
  5. Fix It Up Friday - stuff related to home improvement and decorating my house....I'm starting to get a bit addicted to Do it Yourself / decorating / home improvement blogs as well....but I am by NO means an expert at ALL in this area. In fact, this may turn more into a "brag about what Jared has done lately" or "anyone have a great idea for this room?" But we'll see.
  6. Shape Up Saturday - I need to lose about 20 pounds. Yep. There. I admitted it. Online. For all to see. I admit I have done terrible lately at taking care of my weight. I had Morgan (after being on 13 weeks of bedrest....so yeah...gained a lot of weight with the pregnancy since I wasn't able to do much activity), and never really got back into my pre-child habits of eating healthy and working out. I spend more time taking care of her diet needs (milk allergy) and doing all things thrifty and tot school related that I just don't have any desire to work hard at losing the weight. It's more fun doing those other things. Wow. Am I admitting all this? Anyway, if I blog about it, maybe I'll become more conscious about taking better care of myself. I'm not sure exactly what these posts will include each week, but hopefully it will help ME if nothing else.

So, anyway, I'm looking forward to starting this on Monday.....we'll see how it goes! :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Great idea. I'll be looking forward to it! Have you ordered that Jillian dvd yet?