Sunday, January 18, 2009
A TRIP TO THE E.R. - ROUND THREE!
Yep, you read that right....a third trip to the E.R. I did pretty well on Thursday evening and Friday taking just Pedialyte (no formula). So Mommy started to give me little bits of formula Friday night. Did it stay down? Nope. My fever was still hovering around 100-101, and I still had a nasty cough that kept me (and Mommy and Daddy) up all night on Friday night, too. I was very pale, my eyes were red and sunken, and all I wanted to do was sleep (but I couldn't because of my cough). So on Saturday morning when I wouldn't even take the Pedialyte anymore, Mommy's friend, Stefanie, who works in the ER came over to see me. She said we should probably head back to the ER, but that this time she'd come with us since she had some pull, to make sure I wasn't just basically given tylenol and sent home like the last two times. Well, it worked. We got right in and suddenly, things started happening. They did a swab test for RSV, they put in a catheter to draw urine to test for other infections, they took more chest xrays, they hooked me up to an IV for fluids, and they started me on an antibiotic. When the ER doctor came to talk to us, she said the xrays looked like I may have a touch of pneumonia. Suddenly, we were being admitted to the children's hospital. We spent Saturday night and most of Sunday there where they continued to give me fluids. They did give me more tylenol, and my fever went away. After awhile on fluids, Mommy and Daddy noticed a big difference. I perked up a bit, and actually smiled at them. They started having me try small bits of Pedialyte again, and once I was able to keep that down, we tried formula again. I was able to keep it down for two feedings in a row (very small amounts of it anyway), so they let me go home. I still have my cough and am VERY tired from hardly any sleep the last 48-72 hours, but I am glad to be home. Mommy and Daddy are very hopeful that I can continue to keep formula down and that I can get some good sleep tonight (so they can get some sleep, too!) I did lose over 2 pounds, through the whole ordeal, too. Daddy had jokingly said a few days before that I was getting too fat and needed to lose weight. I guess he needs to watch what he wishes for, huh? Thanks, Dad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my gosh! HOW SCARY! Glad she's ok now!!!
Post a Comment