Friday, January 16, 2009


A TRIP TO THE E.R. - ROUND TWO

Well, I'm still sick. On Wednesday night we ended up back in the emergency room. (Although Mommy and Daddy thought it was a bit unnecessary. But, you have to listen to the doctor, right?) My fever had been coming and going all day, ranging from 99 to 101. I also began throwing up everything that Mommy and Daddy put in my mouth, including medicine. So, after showering Mommy AND Daddy AND the couch Wednesday night with my dinner, they decided to put me in the bathtub again. But I just became really lethargic and weak. I had been that way all day, really. Just laying in Mommy's arms, not really doing much of anything except sleeping and throwing up. Finally at 8 p.m. Mommy called the doctor to ask them for advice on keeping fluids in me. In the course of talking to the nurse, she began to get concerned when she heard I was pretty lethargic all day and throwing up all my food. She was worried I was getting dehydrated. So, she told us to go back to the ER. Mommy and Daddy didn't really feel THAT was necessary, but off we went in the frigid cold temps. Well, being out in the cold actually did wonders for my croupy cough, and by the time we got to the ER I think they wondered why we were really there. But I still did have a 102.7 fever, so they gave me a tylenol suppository and had me drink some pedialyte and sent me home. I slept pretty good when we got home, but woke up Thursday morning and proceded to vommit it all right back up. And I continued this all day yesterday, too. Mommy even tried just giving me little bits of formula at a time spread out over the day instead of taking a whole bottle every few hours. But since that wasn't even working, I am now just drinking very small amounts of Pedialyte every 10 minutes that I am awake and trying to keep that down. I haven't thrown up now since midnight, so Mommy and Daddy are encouraged and crossing their fingers that I will continue to keep these little bits down. Daddy was actually home with us the last two days because his school was canceled due to the weather. Mommy was very glad to have him at home during this ordeal, though Daddy doesn't like the idea of making up those days later at the end of the year. But he is back at work today, so Grandma Joy came over again to see me. :) I'll keep you posted on how I am doing later this weekend.

2 comments:

The gFamily said...

I pray you can have a peaceful weekend with much better health!! I am so sorry you have been SO sick!! Big hugs to you, Morgan! And give your momma a bug hug for me too! I bet she is exhausted!!

The Agnews said...

Hang in there, wee girl! Hang in there!