Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I DID IT!

Today I ate from a spoon for the first time! I have been taking rice cereal in my bottle for awhile now to help my reflux, so the taste wasn't new to me. But the experience of eating it from a spoon sure was! I did a great job, though. After getting used to my highchair the last day or two and watching Mommy and Daddy eat with a spoon, I didn't do too bad. Mommy mixed 1 tbsp of rice cereal with 4 tbsps of warm formula. (That's about the ratio I get in my bottles and seemed runny to Mommy so she then added a bit more rice cereal.) I ate about half of it before I got tired of it. Mommy documented this "first" on video. It was rather long, so here is just a couple minutes of the ordeal.

Is this stuff supposed to go IN my mouth? :)

I was a bit tired after I was all done. It's hard work eating from a spoon, not to mention messy!

I let Mommy wash my face without a fuss, and after she changed my bib, I was all smiles from my accomplishments.