A NIGHT IN THE E.R. AND A DAY IN MY P.J.'S...
Last night I woke up at midnight vomitting. As the night wore on, I was coughing more and more and becoming very raspy, wheezy, and I eventually was having some trouble breathing. I also had a fever of 101. When my coughing turned to "barking," Mommy and Daddy decided to call the Doctor. After listening to me over the phone, the nurse told Mommy and Daddy to take me to the Emergency Room. So, we headed out in the wind and snow at 2 a.m. for the hospital.
I did not like it so much there. There were all sorts of strangers trying to do all sorts of things to me. Plus, I just really wanted to sleep. After 2 hours, 2 chest xrays to check for pneumonia, and a dose of steroids they sent me home with a diagnosis of croup.
We got home at 5:00 a.m. and I went to sleep (finally!) while Daddy tried to get a little catnap in before having to turn around and go to work.
Now today, I've been just sitting around in my pajamas, and sleeping mostly. It is hard to eat because I can't breathe. Grandma Joy came over to help me feel better. :) Right now, I am doing a bit better. At least I am playing a bit with Grandma. But Mommy says I am still pale and sound a bit "hoarse."
3 comments:
Oh no! I am glad it is not pnemonia. Let me know if you need anything.
On a side note- when your household is healthy, we need to get together.
I checked back in to see how you were doing and I am sorry to hear that you ended up at the ER!! Although, none of my kids have had croup, I know it can be very scary! I pray you have a restful night and get better soon! Big hugs to you!!
Praying you get better quickly, Tait is starting this fever thing too. Stay warm!
Post a Comment