Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A SNEAK PEAK

Our basement is finally coming together! It's only been....ummmmm over 3 years! But I am so excited. We just finished painting this weekend. Jared is now working on electrical, crown molding, and drop ceiling (in the few places we had to put it). Now that sports are in full swing, though, he has very little extra time to work on things. But whenever those things get done, we can do the floor (we already have the laminate hardwood), and then the doors can go on. I can see the end in sight! Here are some sneak peak pictures......Please excuse all the "stuff." It's still very much a "construction zone."



See that shelf? Jared built that for me. It will go in the living room with bins or baskets in it to hide / store Morgan's toys. It will look nicer than the open red, blue, and green toy bins that are in there now. Those will come down to the new playroom. Someday here when we have a chance....ha!..... those shelves will get painted black. But for now, it just sits there.

I'm also working on the closet to the right of the stairs where I am going to store and organize all of our tot school stuff. Right now all that stuff is overflowing out of our closet in our office room, and Jared gets a bit frustrated trying to find anything of his in there. I haven't moved anything down there yet, but I'm working on getting the storage set up, and I'm excited about all the space.

Here's the other side. It's a nice sized closet. Although, it does have the sump pump in it which takes up one whole corner of the closet. And let's just PRAY we never have water in the basement!

A quick peak at the start of moving in stuff to the playroom. I just finished painting another shelf today (more about that later), and I have one more to do. Then, as soon as Jared gets his stuff out of the middle of the room, we'll be ready to move in the toys and supplies! Can't wait!

Oh, and I finished the toybox. Turned out well. I don't have the padded cushion under the fabric cover yet, because Jared is still working on getting the hinges on. But I thought it turned out well. (The cover - as well as the curtains I am using in the room that match - were made by my mother in law for my classroom at school when I was still teaching. Nice I can use things I already have!)






1 comment:

Julie said...

That is going to be wonderful! Good job.