Thursday, September 9, 2010
CHICKA CHICKA BOOM BOOM
Our theme for this week at the Hart house is "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" - it's a fun abc book for kids for those of you who may not know what it is. Morgan has LOVED it! Let me reiterate that.....Morgan has had a BLAST! I'll go into more detail on our Tot School blog, but for now, I wanted to show you what she amazed me with yesterday.....
We were doing a color by shape page of the coconut tree in the story. I colored in the little shapes next to the color words so she knew what color to color each shape. Okay, let me just say, I thought I'd have to help her quite a bit, being as this is the first time we've done anything like this. But, um, yeah.....she did the WHOLE thing by herself....even the coloring! No, I did not help her AT ALL! I just sat there amazed. She even told me "da hexgon is bown!"
Look at how well she colored in the shapes (the right color, too)! No, she didn't totally stay in the lines, but for a just-turned-two-year-old, I personally think that is pretty good....especially since a few weeks ago she was still in the "scribble" stage. After she colored the tree, I wrote one lowercase letter on the page at a time "going up the coconut tree" like in the book, and had her tell me what letter I wrote. We hadn't formally done lowercase letters in awhile, so she had forgotten some like b,d,q (the ones that are always tricky anyway), but for the most part she did well at naming them. Anyway, it will be interesting to see if this was a fluke or if she will continue to color like this ....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment