Wednesday, September 8, 2010

FUN WITH FOAM

I got a package today in the mail stuffed full of these styrofoam packing peanuts. I put most of them in a garbage bag to throw away, but gave Morgan a few to play with. Good idea at first.....Bad idea overall! She LOVED playing with them, but then decide to pull each one apart into little pieces. (This picture was taken at the beginning before she pulled too many apart.) No big deal, right? She was putting the pieces in the tupperware. She was occupied having fun. Well, those little pieces starting floating all over. I forgot that those packing peanuts get VERY "staticky" after being handled a bit, and those staticky little pieces were EVERYWHERE! She couldn't get them off her hands, she'd walk on them and track all over with her feet..... When we tried to pick them up, they'd just stick to our hands. I got out the broom first. Ha! The broom just added to the problem. I couldn't dump them in the garbage because they'd "fly off" or stick to my hands or the dust pan. And the ones I did manage to dump in the garbage came flying out every time you opened the lid to the garbage. It started to get quite comical and Morgan kept saying, "Silly, Mommy!" I finally got out the vacuum and had to vacuum those suckers up! But even the few that landed on my little rug by the sink didn't want to be swept up. But we had some laughs, and Morgan had fun, so was it worth it??? I guess.


On another note.....We are going on two weeks of her not napping. She was back to great napping...laying down and falling asleep right away and sleeping for 3 hours or so. Then, literally, one day she decided not to nap anymore. She will just stay in her crib and talk, sing, play with her blankie, or whatever for 2 hours! (At the moment while I am typing this I can hear her in there singing "Happy Birthday to You.") The minute I lay her down, she's singing. Part of the problem is that she has begun to wait to "poop" every day until naptime, so she poops right away and then is wired. Even if I go change her, it doesn't help. We try and try and try to get her to go poopy on the potty, but she refuses. She is doing GREAT with the potty thing otherwise, just not the pooping part. And it's effecting her napping. I don't know if that is the main culprit of her not napping, but it doesn't help. I have been putting her down for bed earlier, and she still does great at night and will still sleep until 8:00, but it's frustrating that she is not napping anymore. I am NOT about to let her give up her nap yet. She only just turned 2. But it's not even a rest time for her, because she is literally wired and hyper in there, bouncing all over. Any suggestions??? I am going crazy here!

No comments: