Saturday, August 22, 2009

STRUCTURED LEARNING TIME

As I've mentioned in other posts, Mommy has set aside times in my day for some activities such as "roomtime," "playpen time," "storytime," "structured playtime," "blanket time," "free playtime," and "structured learning time" to name a few. We don't necessarily do all these every day, and each set time only lasts 10 minutes or so (except free playtime). But I enjoy the variety and yet routine that my day has. Here is a video from one of my learning times with Mommy. We were focusing on counting. Right now Mommy is just exposing me to different concepts each week, not really expecting me to "get it." I just think we are having fun playing with lots of cool stuff from Mommy's old classroom. The actual video was about 10 minutes long (and it took me a few minutes to understand that I couldn't "eat" the colorful stones), so Mommy edited it down to just a few highlights. Enjoy!

2 comments:

The Lindell Family said...

I thought I recognized that table in the last learning post! :)

Grandma Joy said...

I can tell your mommy is a teacher - and a good one at that!