Testing the waters..... "Can I go in?" Nope. Mommy said no. (Turning around to go do something else.)
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
"STOP, THAT'S A NO!"
I have heard that phrase a lot lately as Mommy uses it when I am doing something or going somewhere I am not supposed to. The first couple of weeks Mommy seemed frustrated as I didn't seem to understand or care. She'd pick me up and remove me from the situation or redirect me, but I wouldn't stop what I was doing on my own. However, the last two or three days, I suddenly have been responding to Mommy's directions pretty often. In fact, today when we were at Grandma's, I decided that I wanted to play in the bathroom. Mommy has made a rule at our house that bathrooms are not play places, so she wanted me to learn the same at Grandma's. It only took a couple "Stop. That's a no" phrases before I knew I couldn't go in that room. I would crawl to the door, pause and look for Mommy to say something. When she said, "Stop. That's a no," I'd turn around and not go in. Mommy was shocked! Later in the evenign she saw me go towards it and decided not to say anything and see what I did. I looked at her, paused, and then turned around. Yea me! Also, at home now I don't try to get into the "no" things anymore (that I already know are NOs anyway.) If I do, Mommy says stop and I usually do. Mommy says that even though she was very frustrated at first, it is worth keeping at it. This being said, I will most likely continue to get into more and more mischief, and I will often not heed Mommy's directions, but at least Mommy is convinced that I know what she means now when she says, "Stop. That's a no." If I don't pay attention, it's not that I don't understand. I'm just being a normal, curious, mischeivous one year old! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment