Not too much new going on, except for the fact that my sleeping is a bit "off" again lately. Instead of laying right down and quietly dozing off to sleep for my naps, it takes me a while of "talking" and playing and sometimes whimpering to go to sleep (but once I do fall asleep, Mommy usually has wake me up or I'd sleep forever!). And at night, when I usually just lay down and go right to sleep, I have been playing in my crib for up to an hour sometimes. The last few mornings I was up earlier than usual, too. I do have a couple more teeth coming in, so Mommy thinks that has something to do with it, since I have these sleep quirks every few weeks it seems when my teeth are coming in. (Once I got my 2nd tooth, they have been coming in fast and furious without much breaks....) Or maybe Ijust don't need as much sleep anymore. We'll have to see if this trend continues or if it is just a phase.
As for the milk trial.....we're up to a half ounce in each cup, or 2 ounces total a day. (We started with 1/2 ounce a day.) It's hard to tell what's teeth related and what's not, but aside from being a bit more fussy lately and a sore diaper rash the last few days, Mommy hasn't noticed too much out of the ordinary. (Before, back when we figured out the issue, I was having 8-10 diahrea diapers a day and therefore blisters on my bottom, plus some mucous and blood in my stools. So, at least none of that.) It looks promising! Let's keep hoping! Mommy says when we get this figured out, if I am allowed to have milk, we will celebrate with a real ice cream cone.....with ice cream in it this time! Yea! :)
I have also become a lot more verbal and vocal, saying lots of new words / sounds, and making many new connections in my world, too. I am becoming VERY interested in plants and flowers, real OR fake. I just noticed the green ivy Mommy has on top of her cupboards in the kitchen and often point to them while I am eating and squeal "yayow" with delight. (That is my word for "flowers".) I guess maybe I am taking after Daddy and Grandpa Bob in their love for landscaping. :) I have started saying "arf" too now when I see doggies, and Grandpa taught me how to make piggy noises, too. Some other favorite words lately are "uh-oh" and "nana" and "hi daddy" or "where daddy." The other day when I heard the garage door go up, I crawled from the living room to the back garage door as fast as I could saying "Daddy, daddy!" the whole way. I then sat at the door waiting for Daddy to come in. When he did, I said, "Hi Daddy!" and gave him a big smile and reached up for him. Mommy said it was so cute. I am such a Daddy's girl.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment