
Morgan loves to draw....LOVES it! She has really started purposeful drawing lately, where she "draws" something specific like a rainbow or a sun or a circle to name a few. But she has never attempted to draw a person, and I have never showed her or even encouraged her to do so really yet. But we had a little friend over to play the other day who is almost five (I think?), and she was drawing a person on her paper (that was a lot more advanced than the above pictures). Ever since Morgan saw her doing that, she just suddenly started drawing people. I was shocked at how good they were.....developementally for her age anyway. (They still look a bit goofy in terms of what a person really does look like, but she has all the basics in the right places.) She could tell me where the feet, legs, hands, mouth, hair, etc. were in each drawing. One time, she even stopped suddenly and said, "Oops. I forgot the fingers! Silly Morgan!" Then, she put little lines going out from the arms. Last night, she took a post it note pad and drew our whole family, one person per post it, and then asked me to write the names for her. It still amazes me what she can pick up on and do even without me officially "teaching" her!
No comments:
Post a Comment