Morgan has been talking about Grandma and Grandpa's Pumpkin Festival for weeks now. When she woke up from her nap on Thursday, she could hardly contain her excitement! She jumped out of bed and declared, "It's Punkin Festibal time!" We had a little setback on the way there as Kelsey vomitted all over herself in her carseat right as we were getting ready to pull out of the driveway. Morgan was devastated at the thought of not being able to go, so Grandma Joy offered to stay back with Kelsey at the house and get her all cleaned up and put to bed so Grandpa, Morgan, and I could go enjoy the festival without having to worry about Kelsey. Bless her heart. Anyway, Morgan had the time of her life, as you will see from the huge grin she has on her face in most of the pictures.
THE FESTIVAL

I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this picture. And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, this girl!

Morgan and her Grandpa Doug waiting for the Kiddie Parade to start.

Somehow Morgan ended up on his shoulders. This picture cracks me up! :)

After the kiddie parade, we waited around to see the Clydesdale horses come through town. Wow! They were awesome and impressive! Morgan's comment, though: "Grandpa, they're kind of stinky." :)

I was amazed at how well behaved and trained these huge animals were with crowds of people crowding around them.

Morgan LOVED the rides this year. (Although she kept saying she wanted to go on the big people rides. LOL.) She always loves merry-go-rounds, so she chose this ride first. While we were riding it, she sang, "Ring Around the Rosy" and then declared, "Mommy, I love this!"

She loved the pumpkin teacup spinners and wanted me to keep making it spin faster! (I think she is going to be the fast, scary, daring ride type person in a few years. In that case, Mommy will NOT ride them with her!)

This was her favorite last year, and we had fun going down the big slide again this year. This is even one that I actually enjoy going on with her.

Morgan kept telling us that she wanted to ride the train. They did have a kiddie train that goes around in circles that she rode last year, but I was kinda thinking it would be a bit "babyish" for her this year. But she kept insisting, so we got in line. We got up to the gate and she goes, "No, Mommy. Not this train. The RED train." We couldn't figure out what she was talking about. We got out of line for the "baby train" and finally figured out she was actually talking about the ROLLER COASTER. I don't care much for roller coasters because they are so jerky, and once it started, I wondered if she'd like it, but she just laughed and shrieked with joy the whole time.

She really wanted to take a pumpkin home with her.
THE PARADE

Waiting patiently with her bucket for the parade to start.

Cousin Natali and Cousin Connell came to the parade, too!

It was great that Daddy didn't have any home sporting events he had to be at today (which is unusual), so it was a lot of fun having him come with us to the parade this year, which is rare.

Uncle Brad and Aunt Cali just had a new baby girl this week (Livvy Rose), but even so, Brad brought Cousin Molly to the parade for a little bit.


In between shoving candy into her bucket, Morgan would set it down, clap for a float (or whatever was going by at the moment), then pick it back up again and continue on.

Some highlights of the parade for Morgan were Bob the Builder...

Clifford the Big Red Dog...

and DORA!
And now, another Pumpkin Festival is behind us. Kinda like the letdown after Christmas. Isn't that pathetic? LOL!
No comments:
Post a Comment