STATS / WEIGHT
Kelsey had her 2 month doctor appointment this week. She weighed 12 lbs. 10 oz there on Tuesday, but when I weighed her at home today she was 13 lbs. 3 oz. She is currently 24.5 inches! That's 98th percentile for height. Tall just like her sister was. Don't have a clue where they get it from! :) The one concern I have from our appointment is the fact that she has a flattened head on the right side, and we were told to really work on correcting that before 4 months so no other intervention is needed. But yikes! It really IS flat on the right side. She sleeps all the time on her right side. (And she has been sleeping a LOT lately....more on that later!) I try to turn her head whenever I can and make sure that in her carseat or swing or bouncy seat that her head is turned to the left. But that is not "natural" for her, and she always turns it back. We have also started a lot more tummy time to try and keep her off the back of her head as much as possible. Also, I have noticed that since she is bottle fed, the right side of her head is always laying against my arm whenever she eats, too. Each day I notice her head more and more and it really is starting to bother me and worry me. I don't know what else to do to help correct it.
SLEEPING
Kelsey started sleeping through the night this week! (From 10:30 dreamfeed to 7:00 waketime, that is.) Well, I guess sometimes I hear her moving around anytime after 4:3o, but I never have to feed her. Most of the time she is just restlessly sleeping as is her nature, and is not in a total deep sleep. But if she does really wake up and is a bit more fussy (she never cries or acts hungry), I can always get her back to sleep. So, I guess she still has never slept soundly through without making a peep, but it's progress. If she keeps this up consistently, I'll start working to drop the dreamfeed, though I'm not sure how that will work out. She seems to have gotten over her 45 minute intruder this week. There were only a handful of times she woke up at that time, but she'd either put herself back to sleep with no intervention from me, or it would only take a few minutes for me to get her back to sleep by reswaddling and a few tummy pats. I was actually a bit worried the last few days that she is sleeping TOO much. She could only handle about 1 hour max of waketime between naps, before she was showing obvious sleep cues and "begging" to be put down. So, she was taking pretty consistent 2 hour naps all day (except the last evening nap where I'd wake her after a short catnap so she would be sleepy for bedtime). Therefore, if you add up all her waketimes, she is really only awake for about 4-5 hours a day. That means she is sleeping 20 or so hours a day. Doesn't that seem like a bit much for a 9 week old? But if I try to keep her up longer, she gets really crabby and cranky and then DOESN'T sleep well for naps. Hmmmm......
EATING
Kelsey started eating a bit better actually after sleeping through the night. She'd take 4 ounces a bottle during the day instead of the 2-3 she'd been doing. But the last couple of days she is back to not wanting to eat much in the afternoon hours. Now it is really bothering me since she is not getting that middle of the night feed in. I feel she really needs those extra ounces. But she just isn't that hungry it seems in the afternoon, and plus, her reflux really bothers her when you try to force it in her. I go back and forth about going to a four hour schedule with her so she'd be hungrier. But I'm not sure that is the right solution, because it would mean she'd have to have about 1.5 to 2 hours of waketime between each nap, and I'm not sure she could handle that right now.....
REFLUX
No projectile vomitting this week! She did spit up a tad bit a couple times right after she ate, but no vomitting. She has been arching her back quite a bit after eating though, and doesn't like eating much in the p.m. hours. She continues to hiccup after every feeding as well.
SCHEDULE
Not much has changed except dropping the middle of the night feeding. We are still on a 3 hour schedule, but I'm considering moving to a four hour one soon.
MILESTONES
She is starting to imitate faces and can definitely see faces and images now at greater distances. She can support her head a lot more and is getting better at lifting her head up while on her tummy (especially if she is on her boppy). The other big milestone has been pushing up with her feet, or "standing" with support when held. Her legs are getting stronger each day.
Sorry, no pictures this week. I can't believe I went a whole week without taking any pictures of her!
Saturday, September 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Lana-- Don't worry about that head too much!! You are on the right track. I have a "halo" pillow if you are interested in trying it. Before we knew that Ella had craniosynostosis we were worried about her head because she didn't have the neck muscles strength and would lay with her head completely over to the side. My mom researched these pillows and order one. I can be on the look out for it if you are interested.
Oh and btw.....I didn't let her sleep unattended (especially at night) with it but would use it when I was watching her closely. It is very small and Ella was really small when she used it and was not rolling or anything like that. Didn't want you to think I put some giant pillow in her crib or anything. :)
Post a Comment