Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A VERY BRAVE GIRL

I had to take both girls to get shots today by myself, and I was NOT looking forward to that. At all. But I talked to Morgan before we went and explained what was going to happen. Then, we pretended and role played what it would be like. Believe it or not, the girl was actually kinda excited to go because she was going to get a bandaid when it was done. LOL! She also said she was going to be brave and be a helper for Kelsey when it was her turn. My little sweetie did great! Not one single tear or whimper. She didn't act afraid at all. Just climbed up on my lap with her teddy and asked when she could have a bandaid. :) So, when we were done I asked her if she would rather go to McDonalds or Dairy Queen for lunch for being such a brave girl. She picked DQ. We ate lunch there and then brought back a Dilly Bar treat to eat at home. Bandaids and Dilly Bars.....what more could a girl ask for, huh? :)



Oh, yeah. And Kelsey did fine, too. She cried more, of course, but it didn't last long. The tylenol I had given her kicked in right about that time, and she was out like a light as soon as we got in the car again. So, she slept through our fun lunch at DQ, even with all the loud noises all around her.

I was proud of myself, too, with this being my first outing with both girls by myself. I was expecting a nightmare, but it was more like a not-so-bad dream......



1 comment:

Heather S. said...

So glad it went better than expected!! I never enjoy taking all the girls to the doctor at the same time so I was praying for you today!!