The last two nights have been a huge turning point in Little Miss Kelsey's night sleep. She has been waking every night at around 4:30, but doesn't really cry. I just hear her making noises or moving around in her crib. When I'd go check on her she'd be awake, so I'd feed her. However, two nights ago, I began to wonder if she really was hungry (since she was never actually crying at all) or just waking out of habit or due to gas or relux issues. So, when she woke at 4:30, I decided not to hurry in and wait and see if she went back to sleep or not. I told myself I'd go in if/when I heard her actually crying. Well, although I heard her making little noises off and on, she never cried. I was wide awake, though, from 4:30 on thinking she'd surely start really crying soon. Finally I got up at 6:00 to get ready and then went in at 7:00.....she was still asleep! When I woke her to give her her medicine, she was the happiest she's ever been in the morning...smiling, laughing, not really acting starved at all like I thought she'd be. I think her poor refluxey tummy actually enjoyed a bit of a "break" for awhile. That day she ate the best she has ever eaten and actually took in more ounces than she has in a long time even with that one less feeding. She slept well, and was a happy camper. So, last night she woke up whimpering at 4:00. I thought, "Well, that was too good to be true, I guess." But before I fed her I thought I'd try and see if it was just gas or something. So I picked her up and burped her (and she passed a TON of gas too), then put her back down and put her paci in. I patted her tummy a few times, and before I knew it she was back asleep! Again, I woke her at 7:00. It'll be interesting to see what her pattern will be from here on out......
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment