Sunday, July 24, 2011

IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS...



These days it's the little things that make all the difference in making me feel like life is somewhat "normal" again. Like finally after 10 months I was able to down a delightfully delicious McDonald's Sweet Tea again, which is one of my favorite things that I wasn't able to have while pregnant or nursing. (I finally just gave up on the whole breastfeeding thing the other day. I had been just pumping what I could and giving it to her with her formula, but it wasn't much, and after developing mastitis, I just couldn't take it any longer.) Anyway, thanks to my dear friend, Cammie, for thinking of me one day and bringing me this special treat from McDonald's to cheer me up. Or going out to eat with my hubby after a doctor's appointment, and when he asked what I wanted to drink, I smiled and said, "A big glass of Diet Coke with a bit of Cherry Coke at the top." This, too, was something I have missed so much! (I am so tired of water!) OR, rolling over onto my stomach to sleep the other night and suddenly thinking, "Woah. I can actually lay on my stomach again." OR giving both girls a bath tonight (separately) and successfully being able to put them both to bed by myself and realizing that yes, I CAN do it!


Yeah.....It's the little things....

No comments: