So, there you have it. Morgan's Big Girl Room....for now!
Saturday, July 23, 2011
FINALLY FINISHED...FOR NOW
I haven't gotten around to posting pictures of Morgan's big girl room all finished. Well, at least for now it's finished. I still want to get a new better dresser at some point (but probably won't be for a long while), and there are a couple spots that seem a bit "bare" to me but I don't know what to do at the moment. Also, if Jared would ever have the time to do it (yeah, right!) he'd like to make a headboard for the bed, and put up some kind of board and batton or wainscoating on the walls. But, that's a dream for the future. So for now, it's done. And I did it all for under $200!
We had the bed already. It's what we had used as our guest bed before, and since we didn't really have a place to store the mattress anyway for now, we decided that she could just get used to a double bed right off the bat. (And she loves it!) The toybox bench (Morgan calls it her couch) was the one my sister in law, Cali, found on the side of road for free soon after Morgan was born, and I recently painted it to give it a bit more life back. The bedding was "free" with gift cards from Target, and the curtains I ordered from Amazon using my swagbucks and gift cards I had from there. I did buy the nightstand (from Walmart), the flowers on the wall from Hobby Lobby (1/2 off) and the letters for her name. (My good friend, Stephanie makes them. It was probably my biggest splurge in the room, but oh so worth it since they turned out SOOO cute and they totally just "make" the room!)
I found the rug at Walmart and was so excited how perfect it went in her room! The bookshelf was a "free" Amazon purchase, as were the bins, and the wall shelf, clock, frame, and little pink baskets were all garage sale finds.
This is the$15 dresser I got at a garage sale last year. (It had blue flower knobs, so I just took them off and spray painted them purple.) I had the cubbies from when I was teaching, and the bins were once again free with my Amazon gift cards. I found the mirror in my closet that I had gotten at a garage sale a couple years ago, and I got the lamp with gift cards from Target.
The purple book bin by the door was a 25 cent garage sale find, and the bulletin board above it was 1.00 at Target (I added the flower). And last, but not least, the picture board was lovingly made by Grandma Faith. She had made one for the nursery when Morgan was born, but I wanted to keep it in there since I wasn't changing anything for Kelsey. So, I picked out new material and buttons, and she made another one for Morgan's new room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looks GREAT!!!
The room turned out just beautiful and I am sure Morgan loves it. I didn't know you were so thrifty!
Post a Comment