Monday, March 22, 2010

"TOOLTIME"

For Schooltime this week, we are doing an Easter theme. Today's topic was colors, so we did things with pink and purple.....Easterish colors, right? Anyway, Mommy first sang a color song to me as I identified pink and purple pieces of paper. I loved the ending when I got to shout out the color. Then, Mommy set the pieces of paper on the table side by side and used crayons to write the color word on the paper. I named each letter as she wrote it and then we did our color word chant to spell each word together as Mommy pointed to each letter. (I'm getting good at spelling.....or rather chanting... P-U-R-P-L-E). Next, I got to choose one item out of Mommy's bowl at a time and decide if it was pink or purple and put it on the correct piece of paper. Then, Mommy helped me glue that piece on.





After I made my color collages, Mommy got out this little book she made. I identified each shape and told Mommy what color it was. Then, I picked the right color of crayon and colored it. Mommy was impressed with the pressure I used to color this time (instead of just lightly making faint lines), and how I stayed inside the lines as I scribbled. (In other words, I didn't scribble over the page. I stayed inside the shape.)




By the end of the book, I was ready to go play, so Mommy didn't push it on "reading" the book together. But I did go back to it later in the day to look at it. Mommy said we'll practice "reading" it over the next few days. :)







No comments: