Friday, March 12, 2010

JUST A FEW TIDBITS

I have been adding more and more words and phrases to my vocabulary lately, and Mommy continues to be amazed by things I pick up on and do. Here are a few tidbits from the last few weeks:

  • While driving one day, Mommy heard me say, "four..fibe". She thought I was just counting. But then a couple minutes later, she heard me say, "dares two fibes." She suddenly realized I was "reading" the speed limit signs!
  • My new favorite things: "poopons" (aka .... coupons)
  • Mommy and I go to McDonalds every week after our Mom2Mom group with lots of other moms and kids. I am starting to recognize the yellow arches now, because as we pulled in to the parking lot this week I said, "Go eat Donalds!"
  • Mommy read me a new book the other day about shapes. We read it a few times that day. The next day as I was doing my favorite shape puzzle, I picked up the oval and gave it to Mommy and said, "Dis obal." Then, I took the diamond and did the same and said, "Dis dynin."
  • While I was eating breakfast the other day, Mommy heard me saying, "Eat zero. Eat more zero." (I was eating cheerios.)
  • On our way to see Grandma last week, I started saying, "Cool bus!" over and over as we pulled into town. Mommy didn't see any school busses around, though. As we kept going, I started getting more and more excited, saying, "Cool bus! Cool bus!" As we passed the high school where all the busses are parked, I could hardly control my excitement. Mommy then realized that I had known we would be passing the busses, and was trying to tell Mommy I wanted to see them. I guess I am so used to driving to Grandma's house that I am starting to recognize landmarks and things we pass each time. As we drove on past, I kept saying, "bye-bye bus!"

No comments: