This week was all about smiles and spitting up. And that about sums it up!
Does anyone else notice the definite reddish tints in her peach fuzz on top of her head? I think she'll have reddish hair like her Daddy!
WEIGHT / STATS
Kelsey weighed in at a whopping 12 lbs 2 oz today. She is quickly outgrowing her 0-3 month clothes already and is starting to wear a lot of her 3-6 month outfits!
REFLUX
It's been an interesting week in regards to her reflux. She started vomitting during or after eating at least once a day, so we now feed her with a towel on our laps. We switched to Nutramigen formula which really has seemed to help overall. During the day, she is a happy baby, and she naps really well for the most part. However, come 6:30 in the evening, she starts getting a lot more fussy, and she even cries hard and rejects her last bottle of the evening, arching her back and not wanting to eat. One evening, I had laid her down in the pack and play and went to get dinner. Suddenly, I heard something odd, and went to check on her. She was vomitting all over and choking / gagging on it. That scared me a lot! Now I am a bit paranoid, so she sleeps in her reclined seat that I put in her crib at night. For naps she still lays in her crib like normal since I go in to check on her frequently. But I'm suddenly hesitant now at night.....
SLEEPING
We are still doing a dreamfeed around 10:30, then she continues to sleep until about 4:00 (although today it was 5:00!) and I no longer hear her making noises at 2:30 like I used to. She still grunts and makes noises around 6:00, though she is not awake. I wake her at 7:00 still. She is still sleeping well for naps as long as we stay in our Eat/Wake/Sleep cycle routine.
FEEDING
This is the area this week that has concerned me the most. Due to the reflux or adding cereal or both, she has not wanted to eat much at all. In fact, it is sometimes very hard to get her to eat. She doesn't ever act hungry at all, and she struggles to eat even 3 oz. (She used to be eating 4 oz at a time.) In fact, many times she will only take 2 oz no matter how hard we try. And like I said earlier, the 7:00 bottle is the hardest one to get her to take because she also seems to be in pain. Funny thing is, even if she doesn't eat much at all at that time, she will still not wake to eat before I go in to dreamfeed her at 10:30. I'm assuming she is getting fuller faster due to the added rice cereal. But I don't like that. She is filling up on those calories and not on the nutrients and vitamins that she needs from the formula. Hopefully this is short lived. (I guess I shouldn't worry all that much since she is still gaining almost a pound a week!)
SCHEDULE
Nothing has really changed at all with her schedule. Some days she can stay awake a bit longer between naps, and other days it is hard to get her to stay awake much at all after eating.
MILESTONES
The biggest milestone this week was smiling. She is so cute when she smiles! She is also gaining a bit more control of her head.
No comments:
Post a Comment