Monday, February 22, 2010

MORE "TOOLTIMEY"

Who ever thought a pack of Goody hair bands could provide so much fun? Mommy had these from when she taught school....she had used them for a patterning center. I am obviously not into patterning yet, but we still had fun during OUR schooltime using them for a variety of activities....



Color Sorting....


(Hmmm....Is this green or not?)

Mommy told me here to look for black ones. I picked this one up and said, "Here's back." Mommy said, "That's close, but it's blue." Then I said, "Oh. Here's bue." :)
These are also good for sensory and texture...... Here I was noticing how "sof" it was.

Fine Motor Skills....

Position Words.... Here I was taking them off and on while saying "off" and "on."


And of course, they are just fun to play with, too. I was trying to make the tube stand up by itself.

We even used them to count by moving them along the tube as we counted each one....kinda like an abacus. Mommy didn't get a picture of that, though. Oh, the possibilities are endless.....

2 comments:

Heather S. said...

Love this idea!!!!

Julie said...

You're such a great teacher!!