Thursday, February 11, 2010

HEARTS!

We didn't get to do our craft time on Saturday, so we did it yesterday. In honor of Valentine's Day, we glued foam hearts all over a capital "H." Ironically, H is the only letter that I know the sound of, but not how to say the actual letter, if that makes sense. Whenever Mommy asks me what the letter H is, instead of saying the letter name, I make the sound instead. This was actually my favorite craft so far, and I had a BLAST doing it!


My first job was to sort a big bag of foam pieces that Mommy had and separate out all the hearts. I did pretty well..... with guidance of course. But I had lots of fun putting all the pieces in different bowls. **Side note, Mommy found out that I know what a circle, square, and triangle are..... I picked up a square and put it in the bowl and said, "care". That surprised Mommy, so she held up a triangle, and I said "rangle." And then, I did the same for a "gircle." Mommy showed me all different sizes, and I still knew what shapes they were. Mommy was shocked!



After I sorted all the hearts out, Mommy cut out a big letter "H" and she had me practice saying the letter name. Then, I got to "color the glue" onto the big H. That was fun, too!


Once the H was glued onto my paper, Mommy made glue dots on my H. She thought she'd have to guide me still where to put the hearts, but I caught on quickly, and pretty soon, she didn't have to help me at all!



The finished product! I was a bit upset when Mommy wouldn't let me play with it when I was done. She said the glue had to dry. :( But now I look at it on my refrigerator and get all excited to see my "hawts."
*Once again, Mommy got this idea from www.notimeforflashcards.com




No comments: