Thursday, October 22, 2009

MOLLY....AND OTHER STUFF

This picture was taken awhile ago, but I wanted to post another picture of my baby cousin Molly. The last few days, I have been "talking" all about Molly. Mommy updated my "Who Loves Baby?" picture book that I look at all the time with new pictures of Molly and Uncle Brad and Aunt Cali. She also put this picture in it for me to look at. I carry that book around, and constantly open it to point to "Mawhey! Mawhey!" I am lucky that she lives so close to us and that I will get to see her lots as we grow up.






In other news, I had a weight check yesterday with the doctor. It was a bit confusing. According to their scales, I was a pound heavier than at the specialist, but yet, again, according to their scales and their records from when I was there in August, I have only gained an ounce. However, my pediatrician was still not concerned, saying that at this age, growth does slow down a bit, especially since I am a lot more active these days. That made Mommy feel better. We still have to go back and follow up with the specialist in a few weeks, though, so we'll see what they say again.

Some things I am up to these days:
  • I found out that I really LOVE jello!
  • I can go up and down steps pretty confidently now.
  • I know quite a few of my body parts and can point to them and say them as well: toes, ears, eyes, mouth, nose.
  • I am repeating lots of things I hear.....be careful, Mommy and Daddy what you say! :)
  • I am becoming more confident walking by myself. Sometimes if I really want to get someplace, it is still easier to get down and crawl, but I am sure proud of myself when I let go of my walker or the couch and walk over to my next destination.
  • I am suddenly picking up on quite a few new signs: bath, ball, car, cat, diaper, hurt, no, thank you
  • Some new words in my spoken vocabulary: star ("trr"), rainbow ("ingbow"), bye, pumpkin ("boppy" - yeah, who knows!), apple ("bappa"), diaper ("baba"), down ("dow"), bear ("ber"), cheerios ("yos")
  • I am having a ball waving to people.....not the backwards waving to myself that I used to do, but actual waving like grownups do. (Funny story.....Mommy and I were Target in line at customer service, and I kept waving to people, getting lots of attention of course. Suddenly I started waving frantically and saying "HI! HI!" Mommy looked to see why I was suddenly all excited, and the guy I happened to be waving at had a mustache, glasses, and a ...... receding hairline :) just like Grandpa Doug! Mommy explained to him that he kinda looked similar to my grandpa. He laughed and said he IS a Grandpa, and that he didn't mind the big smiles and attention.)

Mommy doesn't know if I am getting sick or not.... Last night I woke up crying in the middle of the night. Mommy waited a bit to see if I would go back to sleep, but when I kept crying, she came in to see what was the matter, and I felt really warm to her. So she decided to take my temperature. I had a fever of 101.5. Mommy gave me some tylenol and I drank quite a bit of water (which isn't like me....I usually don't want to drink much water even though Mommy tries to get me to drink it). Then, Daddy rocked me back to sleep and I slept fine until morning. Mommy thought she heard me around 6:45, but around 7:15 or so she realized she hadnt' heard anything for a bit. When she came in around 8:00 I was still sound asleep, so she decided to let me sleep more since I was up in the middle of the night. She actually still had to wake me at 9:00. That is so NOT like me. I am usually awake around 7:30 and ready to go! I didn't have a fever in the morning, though, and I seemed pretty much myself most of the morning. I ate normally and played like usual. Then, around noon, I started acting really tired again and clingy/crabby. Mommy checked my temperature again, and it was 99.2... not too bad. I fell right to sleep after lunch at 1:00, and again Mommy had to wake me at 4:15. I was great all evening, but was acting very tired again around 6:30. Now I am laying in bed (at 9:00) crying again. Oh how Mommy hopes I am not coming down with this flu thing.....


No comments: