Monday, October 26, 2009
BARKING LIKE A SEAL
Well, it seems we're in for a LONG winter if I have croup again already. Yep. Croup. After two days of the barking cough, I developed a stridor (Mommy learned that from the doctor) which is a wheezy, barky inhaling breath during a coughing spell. Since I had croup back in January, Mommy recognized the signs, so she pulled out the vaporizer, ran steamy water in the bathroom, etc., etc. But when I developed the stridor, she decided to call the doctor's office just to be safe. They wanted to see me immediately to make sure I don't have pneumonia or anything. Thank goodness I don't! But I can't sleep or eat because I cough too much, and I'm so tired! I do still have more energy, though, than Mommy thought I'd have being sick. I still like to push my walker around the house as fast as I can. Instead of carrying around my baby, though, I found a new companion: my straw cup. I have been wanting to drink a LOT of water lately since being sick (Mommy usually can't get me to drink hardly any on a regular basis, so she lets me drink all the water I want to right now). So, I just grab the straw with my teeth, and away we go. That way, I can drink all I want to and still have my hands free to push my walker toy. Now, how's that for multi-tasking?

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, I'm so sorry! My kids used to get that every spring and fall. I feel your pain. I will pray for her. Thankfully they do outgrow it:)
~Julie S.
Oh, Lana! I am so sorry that Morgan is sick again!! I know it is so hard having a sick little one! I will be praying for you!!
Post a Comment