Wednesday, October 7, 2009

HERE WE GO AGAIN.....FOR THE FOURTH TIME

For the fourth time since January, I am sick. Not just runny nose, cough, etc. but full blown vomitting. I was acting tired this morning, so Mommy decided to try and give me a morning nap again. I fell right to sleep and Mommy had to wake me. Then I had lunch (though I didn't want to eat a lot like I normally do), and I was in a pretty good mood. Mommy decided to take advantage of my good mood and go to Walmart and Kroger. I was such a good little girl and Mommy was glad she could get a lot of grocery shopping done. Towards the end, I got real sleepy again, yawning, and actually laying my head down on the cart. Well, what Mommy thought was just a tired girl, turned out to be a sick girl when I vomitted all over the car when we were almost home. Mommy had to pull over to make sure I didn't choke. (Cause let's just say, my lunch hadn't digested yet, so it all came back up the way it went down.) I have vomitted two more times since then and have a fever. Mommy is a bit concerned that in 10 months I have been sick like this 4 times. Isn't that a bit much for a 14 month old?

In other "news," I saw the specialist again yesterday, and Mommy is even more discouraged. I won't go into all the details, but I will most likely have to see an allergist and may even have to have a scope done. :( The doctor thinks that I have a mixed allergic reaction to milk, meaning it shows up as a moderate immediate reaction, but I also have delayed reactions as well, making the actual allergy a bit worse than the test showed. The thing that the doctor was most worried about, though, was that I hadn't gained any weight at all since my last visit 3 months ago. She even weighed me on two different scales. (Mommy was surprised, because I have been eating like a horse lately.) She put me on a probiotic, and told Mommy to watch labels even closer. (We found out that the bread I love so much has milk in it! Oops. I've been eating that like it's going out of style.) We even have to watch for products (like my yummy jello) that says it was made on the same factory line as milk products and could inadvertantly have milk in it. The doctor even gave Mommy a list of words/ingredients that are the same as milk to watch for. Our only hope is that there is a chance I could still outgrow it in the next year.

So, that's what is going on with me lately. (sigh)

2 comments:

Heather S. said...

Oh, Lana!! I'm sorry about Morgan being sick and about the allergy stuff! What a bummer! I will be praying for you guys!!

The gFamily said...

I am sorry that Morgan has been sick so often! Grady had a stage that he went through where he got sick every 6 weeks for almost a year. Right about the time we were going to see a specialist it stopped. I am hoping that Morgan doesn't have a rough winter with sickness! That's no fun!