Thursday, February 23, 2012

KELSEY UPDATE

Kelsey is currently on her first ever round of antibiotics for an ear infection. I was hoping that would help clear up this waking in the middle of the night waking for like two hours thing that has been suddenly going on for the last 3 weeks! But....so far, not really. She did sleep through finally last night, but I'm not holding my breath that it will happen again tonight. I am hoping it is Wonder Week 37, but this started at Week 32, so I am skeptical. If it's not, though, does that mean it's going to worse before it gets better? Agh! I hope not.

On a positive note, though, she is officially sitting up all by herself, and she loves to "talk" to us all the time. She also really enjoys eating puffs now, and is working hard on her pincer grasp to be able to get them into her mouth by herself. It's quite funny to watch.

At the doctor on Monday when we went for her ear infection, she weighed 17 lbs. 11 oz. Still in the 50th percentile. She continues to wobble back and forth about whether she wants to eat or not. She'll eat her solids okay, but she just isn't a big fan of her bottle. Even first thing in the morning, she really doesn't take much. The most she has taken lately is 4 oz. Usually it's 2 or 3. I guess the good thing about that is that she'll probably be easy to wean from the bottle since she doesn't like it much anyway.

No comments: