
Well, I couldn't help myself. I just HAD to start "Baby Tot School" with Kelsey. I couldn't wait any longer! :) I love these one on one "learning through play" times with my girls!

Morgan goes down for a nap around 1:00, and Kelsey usually doesn't go down until 1:30, so I have 30 minutes alone with her to play with her tot trays.

I simply pull one tray out each day and we "play" together with that activity on her blanket in our "schoolroom" (or office).

Obviously, right now her trays are pretty simple and basic. Just basically a couple of her toys that I want to use for educational play.

The first day, we played with a few big duplo blocks .... and a basket.

As we played, I used words like "in the basket" and "out of the basket," as well as identifying the colors of the blocks as she picked them up and how many blocks. ("You have one block in your hand." "You are holding 2 blocks.")

I think she had more fun with the basket than she did with the blocks!

The second day we used her stacking rings.

Her favorite thing was to take one in each hand and smack them together or wave them in her hands.

She also enjoyed "eating" them! :)

She even was able to get them all off the stand by herself. No luck putting them back ON, but we'll work on that. :) Again, I kept using the color words as she played and "on" and "off."

She is starting to grab for things out of her reach, and trying to figure out how to move towards what she wants. Not at all crawling yet, but heading in the right direction.



Well, we've only actually done two days .... but I am so excited to continue doing more with her and watching her grow and develop!
No comments:
Post a Comment