Kelsey had her 6 month doctor's appointment yesterday. According to the doctor's office scale, she weighs 16 lbs. 12 oz. Not quite the 17 lbs. 9 oz. I got on our baby scale last week, but I know she didn't lose that much weight.....I think the scales are just off. So, she probably weighs somewhere around 17 lbs. At any rate, she is in the 99th percentile for height (28.5 inces), 57th percentile for weight, and 78th percentile for head circumference. Where my babies get their "height" from, I'll never know! :)
I have made quite a few lofty goals for this new year, and so far, I'm doing well. But we're still in January, though! :) I have cut out snacks and desserts, and I am excersising every day. That's not easy for me to do, find time to fit that in, but I am doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred which is only 20 minutes long....an INTENSE 20 minutes to say the least, but at least I feel like I can fit in 20 minutes somewhere in my day. Morgan loves to "help" me excercise. She'll pretend to be Jillian and get down on the floor and put her hand on me and pretend to give some kind of "commentary" like she sees Jillian doing. It's hilarious! Also, I have made it my goal to be more organized. This entails a daily cleaning chart that I made that I have been sticking to which helps me get the whole house clean (really deep cleaned) every week by doing a few manageable tasks every day instead of trying to do some mad cleaning every once inawhile and getting burnt out and never finishing. The chart keeps me on track, and once I'm done with that task, I can smile and be done until the next day. I also made it a goal to "tidy as I go." I never leave a room or go up or down the stairs empty handed. There is ALWAYS something that can be put away, taken upstairs, or something that needs to go to another room. After only 2 weeks of doing it, it is already very much a habit now for me and I don't even have to think about it. And finally, now that we FINALLY have a deep freeze out in the garage (thanks to my brother and sister-in-law who were looking for a new home for theirs), I am going to be making a lot of my own baby food, and also am planning on doing a freezer cooking day once a month. I've already found lots of great ideas and recipes on Pinterest, so I am eager to get started.
We are back in a good, solid routine now after the holidays, and Morgan does so much better being on a routine. We have very few meltdowns and tears, and she is much more willing to help out and obey the first time she's asked. Our new responsibility chart has helped a lot, as well as our new breakfast "menu." She does so much better when she knows what to expect ahead of time and has something to work towards. She needs routine as much as I do!
Well, that's about it for now. Just wanted to put a few thoughts and updates down in writing....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment