She is weighing in at 17 lbs. 9 oz. (Right about the same as Morgan was at her age.) She is now rolling over from back to tummy all the time, but then gets stuck because she can't roll back and gets mad. She still doesn't do well riding in the car (or being in her car seat at all for that matter). The other night we had to take Jared to go pick up his truck that was being worked on. It took about 45 minutes total. She SCREAMED the whole time. And I mean blood curdling screams. Boy was she mad! I also can't really go grocery shopping or run errands with her either, because she'll cry and fuss and sometimes scream. It's embarrassing. Even just a quick trip to IGA couldn't get over fast enough! I am not used to this, as Morgan was a GREAT little traveler/shopper, and I could tote her around anywhere. Nope. Not so with Kelsey.
She currently is still eating at 7:30, 11:30, 3:30, 7:30 (more or less), and sleeps from 7:30 to 6:30. But she stays happily in her crib until "wake time" at 7:15. Every once in awhile she'll even fall back asleep. I still swaddle her to sleep, but with her rolling over now, I've tried having her nap with her arms unswaddled, but she doesn't like it and doesn't go to sleep. We'll try again in a couple weeks or so. She is down to just two 1.5 to 2 hour naps a day (no evening catnap anymore).
The biggest change since my last update is that she is eating solids at breakfast, lunch, and dinner (3:30). I was giving her the bottle first and then trying the solids, but she wasn't hungry enough after her bottle and she'd clamp her mouth up tight! But now that I am doing it before her bottle, she eats great and really enjoys it! So far she has had pears, sweet potatoes, and squash. I am trying to start making some of my own baby food, and I am excited about that. She has also become very much aware of her bottle and knows what it means when she sees it, meaning she can get very impatient once she sets her eyes on it! She is grabbing at EVERYTHING, and puts EVERYTHING in her mouth. She can purposefully play with toys, and she can sit up with props and even between my legs pretty much on her own as long as I'm there for reinforcement if needed.
Her stubborn 2 bottom teeth have been lurking right under the surface for months now and just WON'T pop through. But it has got to be any day now..... She is getting more fussy and is drooling a lot. And she is spitting up quite frequently again. I don't know if that is due to her reflux, the newly added solids, or her teeth.
Kelsey still LOVES baths, her bouncy seat, and her big sister.
No comments:
Post a Comment