Saturday, November 5, 2011

18 WEEK UPDATE

These updates are getting shorter and shorter, but things are a bit crazy around here right now. Just a few things to note:


  • 4 months is known to be a hard month, and it has been! But there have been some really good things going on, too.

  • Reflux is at its peak....she spits up more and more each day, and her "gulpy" swallowing is getting worse, too. Thankfully it hasn't seemed to interfere with her sleep.

  • She was on an "eating boycott" again for awhile.....just did NOT want to eat. Yesterday and today, though, have been better. She was back to eating only about 13-15 ounces a day, but then yesterday she took 20! Who knows.....

  • She is getting FOUR teeth in right now....yep. FOUR! I knew she was working on the bottom middle ones, but yesterday she was sticking her fingers way back in her mouth, so I felt inside her mouth, and sure enough, there is one on each side on the bottom that is coming in. The middle ones are almost through. I'm sure it will take the ones on the side awhile to poke through, though. Ugh.

  • About 9 days ago, I just decided to go cold turkey to a four hour schedule, and she took to it great! I just decided she was close enough to being able to stay awake for 2 hours, and I just tried it one day, and wallah! It was like magic. She started sleeping better, too. She naps at least 2+ hours in the morning and again in the afternoon with a short evening catnap, and I often have to even wake her up to eat. I like it because her afternoon nap now lines up with Morgan's, and I now have a 2 hour chunk all to myself again! Yea! Right now she eats at 7:30, 11:30, 3:30, and 7:30. She naps from about 9-11:15 and from about 1-3:15. Then she takes a little catnap from about 5 - 5:45.

  • When she is not miserable with her teeth, she is a very happy baby. I missed her SO much when I was at the hospital with Morgan. I truly can say that I am really enjoying her now, and I simply cannot imagine our lives without her. I am learning to really cherish each moment with her and not wish these hard days away. She will grow up way too fast the way it is. I adore her giggles and belly laughs when you tickle her, her smiles and coos first thing in the morning, the way she snuggles in the rocker with me at her bedtime feeding and falls asleep in my arms, and the way she smiles at her sister when she is in the room. I love you so much, Kelsey Faith!!!!!

UPDATE: Kelsey had her 4 month checkup today (11/8/11). She weighs 15 lbs. 7 oz. and is 26 1/2 inches long. She is 97th percentile for height and just about 50th for weight. So, there's a bit of a discrepancy there, but she IS at least gaining weight, so I guess the doctor said we don't have to worry. Tall and skinny, just like her Daddy! :)

1 comment:

The Agnews said...

Hey, Lana! Rich here in PEI. It's all go here! We've just had our 3rd boy! Theo William Paul Agnew was born Oct. 27th weighing in at 7lbs 12ozs. Jenn was amazing! We've also sold our home and we're moving to Ontario. I got a position as Lead Pastor at Calvary Baptist Church, Pembroke - an hour and a bit up river from Ottawa. We close up our home and hand over the keys Nov. 30th! Much to do! Much to do! Glad to here things are going better with yourselves!

R xo