Saturday, March 26, 2011

25 WEEKS BABY UPDATE

Wow. I sure feel HUGE! I don't remember being this big with Morgan until much later! My doctor said I'm right on with my weight gain, but......sheesh! Anyway, here's an update:

  • I've been dealing with this severe "rib pain" as I call it since about 16 weeks, and it got so bad at some points that I could hardly get off the couch to give Morgan a bath some nights. It's definitely worse at night and when I lay on my side. (I had this same thing with Morgan, too, and they never figured out what was causing it.) My doctor sent me again this time around (just like last time) for a gallbladder sono, and everything checked out okay with that, so it must just be something my body does during pregnancy. I have to say it IS getting somewhat better, though. I'm not in as much pain, and the pain tends to start more late evening now rather than early afternoon.

  • I also had a EKG done and I have to go back for an ECHO test (for my heart) on Monday. Once again, same thing as with Morgan. I tend to have a "pounding chest" and palpitations when I'm pregnant. As with Morgan, the EKG was fine, so I expect the ECHO to be fine as well.

  • I took part today as a "Mommy Model" for a medical conference where physicians and sonographers were being trained how to do echo tests on fetal hearts. So, I basically laid there for 1.5 hours while people practiced doing these specific sonos on me and I got a great view of Little Sister's heart and a free sono out of it. Another bonus was that before I got up, the main trainer asked me if there was anything else I wanted to see while I was there, so I asked her to check my fluid levels again just for my peace of mind. She said everything looked great! Yea!

  • All in all, though, things continue to go great. Little Sister moves a LOT. She is VERY active....day and night. I think she likes doing somersaults.

1 comment:

Heather S. said...

So glad you posted this! I was just thinking about you and wondering how you are. You look wonderful!!