Friday, January 28, 2011
MAID SERVICE
The last 3 weeks or so I have added a "chore" time into our schedule right after breakfast. I usually do my "daily job" after breakfast when Morgan is having her playtime in her room, but I decided I wanted to get her involved more in daily chores around the house. She was already putting away her pj's every morning and helping me unlaod the silverware from the dishwasher and putting it away every so often, but that was about it for "chores" besides the usual picking up and putting away toys. Anyway, at this point, I don't have one set thing that she does every day, but so far she has "helped" me gather the garbage from each room (I take out the old bag, she puts in the new bag....sort of), clean the bathrooms (I gave her a cleaning wipe and she loved wiping down the counters), fold the laundry (I would tell her what item to hand me and she also attempted to match socks), vacuum (she follows me with her own real looking and sounding vacuum that Grandma found at a kids' consignment shop), make my bed, and dust (I gave her her own little rag, and she was "dusting" everything she could think of.....)


I love that she enjoys "helping" Mommy so much right now and even tells me after breakfast, "Go do chores now." I have this euphoric idea that this will continue as she gets older.....BUT, reality says it won't. However, I want to start early instilling in her the concept of helping, hard work, and doing things with a cheerful attitude.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment