I've been getting a lot of the same questions since our Christmas cards went out with our special baby announcement on them. Here are some answers to the most common questions I've been getting:
1. When are you due? My due date is the 4th of July, but with a repeat C-section, our Little Firecracker will most likely be born at the end of June sometime.
2. How have you been feeling? Yucky! (But normal pregnancy stuff.) That's how I actually knew I was pregnant so early on. I'm almost to 14 weeks now....second trimester, so I am hoping I can turn a corner then. I actually lost 7 pounds between my first two visits to the doctor because I just couldn't eat. I hate to admit that our tot school hasn't been too productive lately, and Morgan has watched more Dora and Elmo than I really care to admit.
3. Do they think the problems you had with Morgan are likely to occur again? Not necessarily. (I had very low amniotic fluid with Morgan that landed me in the hospital and on bedrest, for anyone who doesn't know or remember.) I asked about having more ultrasounds or checkups at the beginning to keep tabs on the fluid early on, and they said that they wouldn't really be able to tell much anyway until about the 20 week mark or so when they caught it last time. So, we'll just have to wait and see, I guess.
4. Are you going to find out the gender? I am too much of a planner not to. Jared doesn't want to, and I tried last time not to, but caved after having so many ultrasounds. (I was having about one every week or two to monitor the fluid.) Our nursery is gender neutral, so that wouldn't be an issue, but I just have this desire to know.
5. Does Morgan understand what is going on? We told her, but she doesn't really get it yet. Although, since Christmas and talking about Baby Jesus a lot, she now talks a lot about "the baby was born" and she did randomly tell me the other day that "Morgan has a baby in her tummy." So maybe she is starting to "get" it more than we think. :)
Thursday, December 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We are so excited for your family! I'm sure Morgan will be a great big sister! :) Hope you're feeling better soon. Those early pregnancy yuckies are no fun.
Post a Comment