Thursday, June 10, 2010

WHAT A FUN DAY

Yesterday was just one of those days where life seems .... ideal. We were once again back in a good routine, and Morgan was back into loving "schooltime" big time! She did so well with all her activities (like making Fruit Loop flowers!) again, and we had so much fun doing them together. Then, we went for a walk to the park (the one close to us this time), and Morgan once again had such a fun time going down the big slide, swinging, climbing the stairs, and riding the merry-go-round. (This is her new favorite park activity.)



After about an hour of playing, we ate a picnic lunch again at the park. I really enjoyed this time. Morgan sat in her stroller and ate her lunch quietly, and I ate mine while reading a magazine as well. Then, when Morgan got done, she wanted to "read mahyazeen too," so I gave her another one I had along, and she sat there next to me, both of us "reading" our magazines for about 10 minutes. How relaxing!


After her nap, we got to break in our little kiddie pool for the first time! Jared had put air in it and filled it with water in the morning before he left for work, so by the late afternoon, the water was nice and warm from the sun. I pulled up a chair next to the pool, stuck in my feet, and relaxed for an hour while she played...and splashed me. I'm going to love this little pool. (Which I got last year at CVS at the end of the season for 90% off by the way! Oh, and the suit was a quarter at a garage sale, and the hat 50 cents! Heee, Heee! I just love this time of year!)

Oh, and yeah, the pool is on our deck (instead of in the grass) for two reasons: Jared doesn't want it to kill the grass, and I found out from going over to swim in our neighbor's little pool (and even in the bathtub sometimes) that Morgan does NOT like any kind of little floaty speck of any kind in the water with her....so getting grass all in it would have cut the fun short real fast.
When she got out of the pool, Grandma Faith and Grandpa Bob came to "play" while I got to go enjoy a night out to eat with some moms from my mom's group. (Jared was at the softball semifinal game.) It was just a really fun day overall for everyone!

No comments: