Tuesday, June 15, 2010

SLEEPING UPDATE

Yeah, well, things aren't going so well again. I had hoped that taking her off the allergy meds would help, which it seemed to for a few days, but now we are back to the crying and screaming at nap/bedtime unless we are in the room with her. She is now also waking up around 11:30 every night crying. AND, she wakes up in the mornings and after naps (if she even sleeps for naps at all) crying. She normally is a child who we can lay down in her crib, walk out of the room, and not hear a peep from her, and she used to wake up happy all the time. This tells me she is not getting enough sleep. We now are just standing by her crib until she calms down and drifts off. At least we've graduated from holding her hand to just being in there. I am so hoping this is just a stage, because I miss my dear little dream sleeper! Oh, and she has been waking between 6 and 7 in the mornings now when she usually sleeps until 8 or 8:30. I know......I was spoiled. But that is why it's even harder..... For any of you who know me well, you know that I am such a routine "freak." So, this is wearing on me. Pray that I will know how to handle everything "properly" (whatever that is) and that I can just take it in stride and realize that this is only a tiny blip in the course of her life and I need to just cherish each day no matter what it holds.

1 comment:

Jason, Kate and Tait Miller said...

Hang in there Lana, but sounds to me like a stage.... Tait has had about three or four of those in his little life time so far. Just got through one and now we are back to going to bed fine and sleeping through the night. sounds like attachment phase! This too shall pass, but I will pray for your patience and love to prevail!