Mommy decided to see how I would do with ordering objects by size. I did quite well. She just kept asking me to pick the big egg and set it in the line. Then with the eggs left she asked me again to find the big egg. I found it and set it next to the first one and so on......
Mommy thought I'd have fun filling the mini muffin tins with my pink pom poms. I loved that part, and am very good now at one to one matching (putting only one item in each slot). But when she got out a tweezers and tried to show me how to use it to pick up the pom poms from the bowl and put them into the tin, I did NOT want to even try. I wouldn't even pick up the tweezers after Mommy showed me how to do it. It was like I was afraid of them or something!
One of my favorite activities was my sensory tub this week. Mommy used easter grass to hide the objects in this time. I "hunted" for mini eggs and opened them up to find the letter E in them. Each time I opened an egg, we said the E sound for Egg.

As we continued to work on the letter E and Eggs, Mommy made me some magnetic eggs with letters on them, and I had to find the ones that had an E and put those through the slit in my "basket." This was not only an ABC activity, but one that helped develop hand/eye coordination as well.

As we continued to work on the letter E and Eggs, Mommy made me some magnetic eggs with letters on them, and I had to find the ones that had an E and put those through the slit in my "basket." This was not only an ABC activity, but one that helped develop hand/eye coordination as well.
Today, Mommy put my magnetic numbers inside eggs, and I had to open the egg, tell Mommy the number, and then put the number in the little bowl and the empty egg in the big bowl. I really worked hard, too, to try and put the eggs back together before putting them in the bowl. Mommy had to help me with that part.
Mommy said that tomorrow we will attempt to dye easter eggs. She's a bit nervous about that, though, so we'll keep you posted on how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment