
Saturday, April 3, 2010
DYING EASTER EGGS
Well, the eggs are dyed and there are no stains on anything. Whew! Mommy ended up doing most of the work while I watched. I started out trying to dye the eggs using a nifty tip Mommy read in magazine....putting the egg in a wire whisk. The problem was that the whisk was too big and the egg didn't get down into the cup far enough to cover it. Mommy helped with the first one by pushing it down with her finger while I held the whisk, but we soon figured out that this wouldn't work for two reasons: 1. The egg had to be in the dye for quite awhile to get a nice dark color, and I did not have the patience to hold the whisk that long. 2. Mommy's finger was turning more purple than the egg was! SOOO, Mommy ended up just "plopping" the eggs into the cups and letting them sit for awhile while we sang songs to pass the time. I kept wanting to touch the eggs, though, so Mommy let me hold some of the plain ones we hadn't dyed yet to satisfy me....until I pounded one on the table and it cracked the pretty smooth shell. All in all, though, I had fun, especially when Mommy would take the eggs out of the cups and they'd be different colors.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment