She also has learned to clap, which is just so cute! And she can now pick up her puffs or finger foods with her pincer grasp and get them to her mouth by herself. She doesn't always remember to let go of the food once it's IN her mouth, though, so sometimes she just ends up sucking on it until it disinigrates in her mouth. :)
And while I cook dinner, I usually set her down on the floor near me and let her play with bowls, spoons, or whatever. I love that I can just set her down now if I need to do something and I don't have to worry about her falling over. And she is so on the verge of crawling, too, but is just not quite there yet.
I am really trying to wean her from the swaddle, but it's not going so well. So far we're only at one arm out, and even then, she usually doesn't nap longer than 45 minutes or so that way. But if I swaddle both arms, she'll sleep for up to 2 hours. So, right now it's a matter of what is most important: the sleep, or the weaning process.....
We just switched her to a bigger carseat, and she loves riding in the car now instead of crying. She loves looking out the window and sitting up more to see the world go by. Same with taking her to the store or to a restaurant, etc. Now that she can sit in the cart or the highchair, she does great, and loves being a part of the action!
We're working on some sign language with her: more, please, book, eat, milk, thank you. We are just basically modeling right now and guiding her hands to make the easier signs. Every once in awhile she will imitate "more" if we are showing it to her, but I don't think she really gets yet what it means.
Again, I am LOVING this age where she is definitely not a newborn anymore but is not getting into stuff yet. I kinda wish time could stand still for awhile. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment