Wednesday, June 15, 2011

COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS

After today, we only have 13 more days until we meet our new baby girl in person! (Or sooner if she chooses.) It is really finally starting to hit me.....hard! I am going to have TWO daughters! Wow. Anyway.... I didn't take a picture to post this time because 1)I'm just tired and lazy. 2) I really don't have hardly any clothes that actually fit and cover my belly anymore! (It's depressing.) Maybe I'll get one more pic in before she is born.

I had my sonogram on Monday. Not that it really matters since I'm having a c-section, but she is head down and weighs approximately 7 lbs. (But they can be off by up to a whole pound.) There was plenty of fluid, and she is definitely very active! I've been having a lot of contractions lately, but nothing consistent or necessarily painful. But they're definitely uncomfortable and more often than in the past weeks. My feet and hands are swollen beyond belief, and they HURT! I get very winded doing just about anything, including walking, and my back is so sore these days I can hardly walk. I'm not sleeping much at all.....can't get comfortable and up almost every hour on the hour to use the bathroom. (They told me I was dehydrated and to drink even more water than I was....so I'm going to the bathroom CONSTANTLY.)

We got the car seat in the car the other night, and I have our bags packed (including Morgan's), so really we are ready to go if Baby Sister chooses not to wait until June 28. Even though I am uncomfortable and irritable, I still sometimes "grieve" a bit at the thought that I only have a couple more weeks to soak in all the one on one time I can with Morgan.

Speaking of Morgan, she is NOT sleeping well again. She goes through these stages every once in awhile, and for the last 2 weeks we've been dealing with waking and crying in the middle of the night and not napping. (There are some times in the past months when she'd just "rest" and not really nap, which was okay with me as long as she was quiet and resting. These days she just cries or screams or calls for Mommy and Daddy.) I really am not looking forward to dealing with two kids awake at night and having to deal with the nap issue when Baby comes. (sigh) I think she can sense and knows that change is coming.....

No comments: