Speaking of Baby, Morgan seems to be very excited about her Baby Sister coming. She is always saying, "I going to be a big sister" and "I going to have a baby sister." The other day she asked me if I was going to help her take care of the baby. :) She will often give my tummy kisses, and the other day she asked when the baby will come out of my tummy. She got to go with Jared and me to one of my doctor's appointments, and since then, she's been saying, "We going to the doctor appointment and baby sister going to be born." Well....she's kinda got the idea.
She is now officially all "moved in" to her new "Big Girl Room." We kinda transitioned her into it in stages, but now all her clothes and everything are all moved over. We made a big deal about her special new room and how Baby Sister needs a room and a bed to sleep in. Morgan was a big girl and didn't need the crib anymore, so she could let Baby Sister sleep in there. She now calls it "Baby Sister's Room." I still have decorating to do in her new room, but it's coming together slowly. I am excited to be able to do a total "girlie" room since we went neutral in the "nursery."
On another note, some things about Morgan these days:
- She still LOVES animals, especially dogs.
- She is a great eater, and currently eats a ton!
- She is completely free of her milk allergy and can eat basically anything now and can drink regular milk! Yea!
- She does have seasonal allergies, though, which can at times make her miserable. :( Poor thing gets that from me, unfortunately.
- She still loves "schooltime" and the activities we do throughout our day, for which I am thankful. I am making the most of it now, as I don't know how much I'll be able to continue to do with her once the baby comes.
- She can count to 30, thanks to our calendar time every morning.
- She knows all her colors, letters, sounds, shapes (including trapezoid, crescent, hexagon, and octagon), and can recognize numbers to 13.
- She can read and spell 5 sight words: cat, dog, sun, see, on.
- I think she will be a math person like her Daddy. She has easily grasped basic graphing, more and less, counting out objects, basic patterns, and as we have started simple addition, she has seemed to grasp that pretty well, too, and loves any kind of number / math related activity.
- For the most part, she is a very well-mannered, obedient child, though I can totally tell that the "threes" are approaching quickly. :)
- She is starting to get a bit more "mischievous." One day while nicely picking up her toys, she walks over the register vent on the floor in the kitchen, takes the whole thing out, and proceeds to throw a decent sized ball down the register duct....Which promptly disappeared into oblivion before I could reach her. Where she got the idea to do that or even knew that the vent could be taken off.....who knows! She has also been well trained to color only on paper and that she needs to have her special placemat down on the table before she can do any "art." But today while I was making lunch, she proclaimed, "I not spose to draw on table, Mommy." When I said, "You're right. We draw only on paper" she proceeded to shove her paper aside and draw big black circles on the table. That little twerp! So, yeah....the "threes" are almost here! Fun, fun.
- She is completely potty trained during the day (including "poopers"), but I am still struggling with how and when to tackle the nighttime issue...
- She is my little helper. We have a "chore time" every morning, and so far her favorite chores are unloading the silverware, helping me clean the potties, and vacuuming.
- She adores her Daddy and loves it when he is home in time at night to read her stories and tuck her into bed.
- She still goes in spurts with her napping. Some days she'll sleep (or at least lay quietly) for 2-3 hours, and other days she stays in bed, but talks the whole time. But I am thankful that she is VERY good about NOT getting out of bed until I come in to get her.
- She still sleeps until 7:30 or so in the mornings. I REALLY hope that continues when Baby is born!
I can think of a lot more things about my little Morgan. But I am tired. I just wanted to document these things for my sake if nothing else. I love her to pieces, and can't wait to see her as a big sister.
No comments:
Post a Comment