Thursday, April 7, 2011

A LITTLE OF THIS, A LITTLE OF THAT

This is going to be a random post of a variety of things that I'll just throw in all together.....


I am in the process of (slowly) working on getting Morgan's "Big Girl Room" ready for her to move into so Baby Sister can have the old crib / nursery. Even though it is not done yet, I have been having Morgan sleep in her toddler bed for naps for quite a few months now. She has done a GREAT job of not getting out of her bed until Mommy comes to get her, and she loves her little bed that she can get in and out of on her own. This week, I finally transitioned her to sleeping in there at night now, too. I think that was harder on Mommy than Morgan. :( My baby is no longer a baby! She has loved it, and still does not get out of her bed in the morning until I go in to get her. I have been worried about her getting out of bed in the middle of the night while we are sleeping and roaming the house or something (since she can open doors now), but she hasn't even tried. I think having her used to the bed already for naptime has really helped. The only issue has been that her bed is right on the other side of the wall from our master bathroom / bedroom, so she can hear us getting ready in the mornings (though her sound machine helps a bit with this.) However, it is just something she'll have to get used to, I guess. The funny thing is, this isn't even really the bed she will be in when the room is all done. We decided to push our full bed (that is already in that room since it has been our guest room up until now) up against the wall in the corner and have her use that (with a bed rail of course), because we simply do not have a place to store the big full bed right now. Plus, then, she'll have that bed for good and we won't have to buy another twin bed or anything....Anyway, as soon as she is used to sleeping in her new room all night in the bed she is familiar with, we'll transition her to sleeping in there in the big bed. (Can you tell I'm all about transitions?) Then, the toddler bed will either go "live" at Grandma's house or we'll sell it, since Baby Sister will eventually use the crib that converts to a toddler bed and full bed and won't need it. So, even though her new Big Girl Room is still not "put together" and not all her stuff is switched over, she essentially has graduated out of the nursery, and is officially no longer my "baby."

Morgan is also my little helper around the house. She loves "sweeping." The other day we were using rice for tot school, and just a bit of it got on the floor. She immediately went over the closet and got out the hand broom / dust pan and said, "I clean it up for you, Mommy!"

And she LOVES helping me clean the "potty." Yep. We do some kind of little chore every morning after breakfast, and she gets all excited on the days when I say our chore is to clean the bathrooms. She runs to the closet and says, "I do the potties!" Now, I just wish that would continue on into the teenage years, too.....HA!


Morgan is so into drawing and coloring right now. The other day after coloring her elephant page for our tot school, she turned the page over and said, "I draw Morgan."


As she drew, she told me what she was drawing...."Here is my head, these my eyes, I have ears, and here's my hair." You have to use a bit of your imagination, but I think she did a pretty good job! This was the first time she's attempted any purposeful drawing like that. She later even put a sun in the sky, too.


Ummmm...yeah. Who's daughter is that? Did she get that from me? Surely not! :) After we made cookie bars one day, I bent to put them in the oven and looked back up to find her doing this!
So, I let her enjoy. Why not? I have to admit that I like scraping the bowl, too, before I wash it. Why let all that good stuff go to waste?

No comments: